SORA (Security Officer Registration Act) is a standardized Security guard training program that has been a law since 2007 that requires security practitioners to register, receive state regulated training, and a background check to work as a security guard in New Jersey.
Our SORA Training Program at Atlantic Investigations LLC focuses on providing exposure to the fundamental concepts and principles of the security industry. Making sure security industry is represented in a professional and positive manner. All of our students must registrar with the New Jersey State Police (NJSP), complete a 24 hour training program with a NJSP certified instructor, and fingerprinting.
What does the SORA Training Include?
The course includes instruction in:
- Homeland Security and Counter Terrorism
- Communications/Emergency Response
- Theft prevention and deterrence
- Limits on The Use of Force
- Detention of suspects & Physical restraint
- Ethics and Professional Conduct
- First Aid /CPR / AED
- Fire Prevention
- Terrorism Awareness
- Cargo Theft
- New Jersey’s Critical Infrastructure Awareness
- Suspicious Letters and Packages
- Suicide bombs, improvised explosive devices and Vehicle borne IEDs (VBIED’s)
- Incident Command System
- Report Writing
- Street Gangs
If your business is looking to provide training for an employed security officer or you are an individual looking to start a career in the security industry. Contact Us Today at 609-270-7821.